NOW AT CLINICA LA SIESTA NEUROLOGIST SPECIALIST
What is a Neurologist?
Neurology is the branch of medicine concerned with the study and treatment of disorders of the nervous system. The nervous system is a complex, sophisticated system that regulates and coordinates body activities. It has two major divisions:
– Central nervous system: the brain and spinal cord
– Peripheral nervous system: all other neural elements, such as eyes, ears, skin, and other “sensory receptors”
- Cerebrovascular disease, such as stroke.
- Demyelinating diseases of the central nervous system, such as multiple sclerosis.
- Headache disorders.
- Infections of the brain and peripheral nervous system.
- Movement disorders, such as Parkinson’s disease.
- Neurodegenerative disorders, such as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (Lou Gehrig’s disease).
- Seizure disorders, such as epilepsy.
- Spinal cord disorders.